Voter Registration & Polling Place Information
This page includes resources to help you participate in school board elections and referendums. Resources on this page are provided as a courtesy of the Polk County Elections Office. Please note that when selecting the links on this page, you are leaving the district website and Ankeny Community Schools is not responsible for the accuracy of their content.
- Questions about precincts, polling places, or registration? Call the Polk County Election Office at (515) 286-3247.
- You can also learn more by visiting the Polk County Auditor's website. (Note: you are leaving the ACSD website.)
- Who Can Vote, and Where Can I Register? - Information from the Polk County Auditor.
- Voter Registration Form - If it is more than 11 days to the election, you can pre-register with the form found here.
- Same-Day Registration: the State Auditor's Election Day Registration Guide - Find out how you can still register to vote on election day.
- Request an Absentee Ballot - You can exercise your right to vote, even if you won't be in town during the election. Just download and fill out the request form and send it in to the address listed. Your ballot will be sent to you. (If you cannot download and print this form, paper copies are available at 306 SW School Street.) For the February 5, 2013 Bond Referendum, absentee ballot request forms must be at the Polk County Auditor's Office no later than 5:00 PM, Friday, February 1.
- View the Polk County Auditor's Precinct Map here. First, learn which precinct you live in. Begin by checking either your voter registration card, or by checking this map to find the precinct that includes your address.
- View the Polk County Auditor's list of polling places here.
Can't find your polling place with the information above? Call the Polk County Election Office at (515) 286-3247.
Recent election results can be found at the Polk County Auditor's website under their election results page. (Note: you are leaving the ACSD website.)